Buy Astelin online
Astelin is a brand name of the medical component Azelastin. It is an anti-allergic drug of the prolonged action which causes antihistamine action and inhibits the signs of the allergic rhinitis.
The mechanism of the action of Astelin appears rather quickly in 2-3 hours after the intranasal use. Reaching the body Azelastin provides an antihistamine, membrane stabilizing pharmacological action. It inhibits the release of the chemical mediators which take part on the early and late stages of the allergic reactions such as leukotriens, histamine and even serotonin. Astelin regulates the reaction of the immune system in response to the allergic irritants and reduces the permeability of capillaries and exudation.
Azelastin has only selective action as to histamine receptors, and therefore the therapeutic effect starts quickly and severe side effects are eliminated.
During the intranasal use Astelin reduces itching and stuffiness in the nose, sneeze, mucus discharge, eye itching, eye redness, and also other unpleasant allergic symptoms. As it was mentioned, the therapeutic effect develops within 2-3 hours, and gains its maximum in 5 hours. The effective concentration of Astelin in the body is able to resist the allergic processes and lasts within 12 hours.
Directions for the use
Astelin is meant for the treatment of the seasonal and chronic form of the allergic rhinitis. It is ineffective in the treatment of conjunctivitis and other, severer allergic diseases because it has a special medical form.
As an additional anti-allergic therapy in complex with peroral remedies astelin may be used but only in case if the used medical products do not interact with each other.
Way of use and dosage
- Astelin is used only intranasaly 2 times a day (every 12 hours)
- a single dose is 1 injection into each nostril
- before using the drug it is necessary to clean the nostrils
- the scheme of the treatment and duration of the drug use are indicated by the attending doctor. Usually, the treatment lasts until the complete disappearance of the disease symptoms but not more than 6 months in a row.
- Adults and children older 6 years old are allowed taking Astelin. At the younger age it is necessary to use the alternative methods of the treatment of the allergic rhinitis.
- In case of the increased sensitivity to the active components of the drug the patient may develop severe side effects. In this case, the use of Astelin is contraindicated.
- Despite the fact that there is no data about the pathogenic effect of Azelastin to the fetus during the study of doses increasing the therapeutic range by many times doctors do not recommend using this remedy in the first term of pregnancy and also in the period of lactation.
- During the use of the intranasal spray the head should be straight because the part of the medical drug may penetrate the throat during the head lag and the patient will feel bitter taste.
Possible side effects
The side effects are possible at the beginning of the treatment. The most probable local reactions: itching, dryness and irritation of the mucous membrane of the nose, burning, sneeze, and nasal bleeding. During the stable use of the spray these side effects will pass in a couple of days.
If the side effects do not pass and the patient records the increase of the allergic reaction symptoms, a help of the qualified medical specialist is needed.