Buy Singulair online
Active ingredient: montelukast sodium.
Singulair is a brand name of Montelukast. This drug is meant for the prolonged therapy of the bronchial asthma. It does not provide a fast therapeutic effect, and therefore it is ineffective in the emergency management. It has properties of the accumulation in the body due to which the pharmacological action of the drug differs by the prolonged and positive results.
The mechanism of the action of Singulair consists in the ability of Montelukast to block leukotriene receptors (receptors which are formed in the body from arachidonic acid. One of the effects of these receptors is bronchismus which is the basis of pathogeny of the bronchial asthma).
As a result of the inhibition of these receptors Singulair causes the relaxation of bronchi, reduces the content of intracellular and extracellular factors of the inflammation in the respiratory tracts, and reduces the reactivity of bronchi.
The therapeutic effect develops for a long time and gains its maximum in one day after the use of the tablet.
It makes the peculiarity of the treatment of the bronchial asthma conditional by Singulair drug. Side by side with this drug patients have to have medical remedies which help to arrest the asthma attacks.
Directions for use
- Treatment of bronchial asthma (in case of the ineffective therapy by glucocorticoids or intolerance of glucocrticoids)
- Preventions of the symptoms of the bronchial asthma before severe physical exercises
- Reduction of the symptoms of the allergic rhinitis
Way of use and dosage
- Singulair tablets are covered and prescribed patients older than 15 years old. Children at the age of 6 to 14 years are recommended taking chewing tabs
- The drug use is recommended once a day regardless of the meals. It is better to take the tablets at the same time to improve the perception of the medical product.
- Patients older than 15 years old should take 1 tablet of Singulair 10 mg once a day
- Children are prescribed 1 tablet of Singulair 5 mg a day.
- The use of the drug in higher doses does not improve the therapeutic effect, and therefore it is not recommended to exceed the maximal daily dose of 10 mg.
- The length of the treatment is conditioned by the body reaction to the action of the drug and efficiency of the therapy itself.
- The use of Singulair provides the additional therapeutic effect in patients who get inhalation glucocorticosteroids. Reaching the stabilization of the condition it is possible to reduce the dose gradually under the supervision of the doctor.
- The prescription of Singulair during pregnancy is allowed only in those cases when the potential benefit for the mother increases the potential risk for the fetus. Before the treatment it is needed to consult a doctor.
- It is necessary to stop the breast feeding during the treatment.
- It is contraindicated to take Singulair in case of the intolerance of Montelukast and children younger than 6 years old.
Possible side effects
- central nervous system: dizziness, sleepiness, spasms
- cardiovasvular system: tachycardia
- respiratory system: nasal bleedings, infections of the upper respiratory tracts
In case of the proper use of the drug and following the dosage regimen the probability of the side reactions is small. If you noticed the appearance of the allergic reaction during the treatment it is needed to see a physician. Perhaps, you need to lower the daily dose, or refuse completely from the further treatment by Singulair drug.