Buy Nasonex online
Active ingredient: mometasone furoate.
Nasonex is an innovative remedy for the treatment of the allergic diseases containing the active component mometasone. It provides a local anti-inflammatory and antiallergic action. Despite the fact that this remedy is regarded glucocorticosteroid and contains hormones of adrenal cortex these hormones act locally without reaching the blood. Due to this the drug may be used during the contraindications for the use of the peroral glucocorticosteroids.
The mechanism of the action of Nasonex slightly differs from the action of other glucocorticosteroids. The pharmacological action of the drug is connected with the inhibition of the product synthesis which are produced as a result of metabolism from arachidonic acid. The inhibition of the release of these products slows down the development of the allergic reaction and inflammatory processes. Moreover Nasonex blocks the production of the inflammation mediators, reduces the number of enzymes which are in the blood of the human and react to the external allergens and also prevents the development of the allergic reaction.Nasonex is meant for the intranasal use due to which it allows the patient feeling the efficiency of the therapeutic action after the first use of the drug. In couple of hours after the use the patient experience the relief of the breathing, reduction of lacrimation, and also the following symptoms such as itching, sneezing, irritation of the mucous membrane, discharge of the mucous from the nasal cavity are reduced.
Directions for use
- allergic rhinitis of chronic form
- sinusitis (attack of the disease needs the complex therapy with antibiotics)
- prophylaxis of the seasonal allergic rhinitis (therapy starts in about 2-3 weeks before the expected term of the appearance of the allergic reaction)
Nasonex may be used during the complex antiallergic therapy for the fast inhibition of the symptoms of the sharp allergic reaction. However, before using several remedies for the treatment of the allergy it is needed to consult a doctor or pharmacist.
Way of use and dosage
- Nasonex is used in the form of the intranasal inhalations suspension containing in the bottle of the spray. The inhalations are made with the help of the special nozzle on the bottle.
- Before using the nasal spray it is necessary to shake the bottle.
- During each intranasal inhalation (with each push button) the nasal cavity of the patient gets the release of suspension containing about 100 mcg of mometasone (about 50 mg of the chemically clean active component)
- The initial dose of Nasonex contains 200 mcg (2 injections into each nostril once a day)
- The dose may be adjusted in the future depending on the severity of the allergic reaction.
- The maximal daily dose is 400 mcg (2 injections into each nostril 2 times a day)
- Nasonex is contraindicated during the active infectious disease of the respiratory system which involves the cavity of the nose, during tuberculosis, children under 2 years old, and also during the intolerance of mometasone.
- The toxicity of mometasone is low and this component does not penetrate into the blood. It allows using Nasonex during pregnancy except cases when the patient has increased sensitivity to glucocorticosteroids.
Possible side effects
The most possible side effects are: nasal bleedings, burning in the nose, irritation of the nose membrane, sneezing, and light headache.
These side reactions are not potentially dangerous for the patient and are temporal reaction of the body to the active medical components in the area of the allergic inflammation. These side effects pass within 2-3 days.