Buy Zyrtec online
Active ingredient: cetirizine hydrochloride.
Zyrtec is a trade name of the active component Cetirizine. It is an inhibitor of histamine receptors which directly influence on the reaction of the body in response to the external irritants. By inhibiting the histamine receptors this medicine prevents the development and relieves the course of the allergic reactions, provides antipruritic and antiexudative action.
The mechanism of the action of Zyrtec consists in the inhibition of the release of the inflammation mediators, and it allows to control the development of the allergic reactions both on the early stage and later stage of the allergic reaction. In the process of the development of the pharmacological action of the drug there is a reduction of the permeability of capillary vessels. Due to this the process of the tissue edema is reduced, spasms of the smooth muscles are neutralized, and other reactions which appear in response to the irritants are reduced.
Zyrtec may be used as an additional therapy during the bronchial asthma to reduce the relapses of asthma during the increased activity of histamine receptors.
This drug belongs to the number of the antiallergic remedies which may be prescribed both adults and children. The conducted clinical studies have proved the pharmacological safety of cetirizine in pediatrics.The therapeutic effect after the use of Zyrtec develops within 20-45 minutes depending on the dosage regimen and individual peculiarities of the patient. A single dose effectively helps to relieve the symptoms of the allergic reactions and acts within 24 hours.
Directions for use
- Treatment and prophylaxis of year-round, seasonal allergic rhinitis/conjunctivitis
- Hay fever
- Quincke's disease
- Allergic dermatitis and dermatoses with severe symptoms (rash, itching, edema, redness)
Way of use and dosage
- Zyrtec tabs may be taken by adults and children older than 6 years. Children at the age of 1 year to 6 years are recommended drops.
- The optimal dose for adults is 10 mg once a day.
- Children are recommended to start the treatment from the minimal dose of 5 mg a day with the further possibility to increase the daily dose up to 10 mg.
- It is not recommended to increase the dose of 10 mg even during severe allergic reactions.
- Patients with renal failure of the middle and severe level of the severity are not recommended taking the dose more than 5 mg a day.
- Senior people with normal functioning of kidneys do not require the adjustment of the dose.
- It is clinically proved that the therapy is not reduce in the setting of the course treatment and the tolerance to the antihistamine action of Zyrtec is not developed.
- Patients with renal failure, hereditary intolerance of lactose, and epilepsy should take Zyrtec with high caution.
- It is contraindicated to take this drug in case of the individual intolerance of cetirizine.
- Cetirizine is discharged with breast milk, and therefore the attending doctor has to decide whether the breast-feeding should be terminated on the period of the drug use.
- The experimental studies did not find out any direct or indirect unfavourable effects of Zyrtec to the developing fetus. However, doctors did not recommend taking this medicine during pregnancy.
Possible side effects
- Digestion system: dryness in the mouth, nausea, diarrhea (rare)
- Central nervous system: headache, increased fatigue, dizziness, and spasms (rare).