Buy Benadryl online
Active ingredient: diphenhydramine hydrochloride.
Benadryl is a brand name of antihistamine drug diphenhydramine. This drug is regarded one of the main representatives of the group of the antihistamine drugs blocking H1-receptors which take part in the appearance of the allergic reaction in response to the irritants.
The peculiarity of Benadryl consists in that it provides the pharmacological action to the body preventing all symptoms of severe allergic reactions and not just removing itching and rash.
Diphenhydramine has antiemetic, sedative, myorelaxing, anti-inflammatory action. It provides a local anesthetic effect and it blocks the activity of the receptors which are responsible for the transfer of excitation to the nerve ganglion. The general pharmacological action helps to improve the tolerance of the allergic reaction and maximally relief the patient’s life on the early stage of the symptom appearance.
In high doses Benadryl provides a soporific effect due to which patients with insomnia connected with the expressed symptoms of allergy may easily fall asleep and they do not suffer from the regular awakenings.
The active components of the drug are well and quickly taken during the oral use, and they also have an ability to penetrate into both circulatory and central nervous system.
Directions for use
- Hay fever
- Serum disease
- Dermatitis and dermatoses
- Quincke's disease
- Edema in the setting of allergy
- Allergic conjunctivitis
- Atomic disease (as an additional therapy to the main treatment)
Benadryl is ineffective to reduce the symptoms of the bronchial asthma in the setting of histamine signs. It may be used as an additional remedy together with theophyllin or other drugs. But in order to relief this diagnosis other antiallergic remedies will do better.
Way of use and dosage
- Benadryl tablets are prescribed adults and children older than 4 years old.
- The initial dose for adults is 30-50 mg 1-3 times a day.
- To increase the efficiency the dose may be gradually increased up to the maximal one of 250 mg a day. The maximal daily dose should be divided into 3 equal parts.
- Children are prescribed the initial dose of 10-15 mg 1-3 times a day.
- If the side effects are absent, the single dose for children may be gradually increased up to 20-30 mg depending on the age of a child and severity of the allergic reaction.
- The course of the treatment takes 10-15 days on the average, and then it is necessary to have a medical examination and find out the efficiency of the therapy for the further treatment.
- Due to the strong sedative action of benadryl it is necessary to avoid the potentially dangerous types of the activity during the therapy which require the increased concentration of attention with the speed of psychomotor reactions.
- It is contraindicated patients who have the following contraindications to take benadryl: glaucoma, hypertrophy of prostate, and stenosis of neck of urinary bladder.
- It is important to refuse from the alcohol consumption during the treatment in order to avoid the side effects.
- Diphenhydramine easily penetrates via the placental barrier and breast milk, and therefore the use of this antiallergic remedy is contraidnciated during the pregnancy.
Possible side effects
- Central nervous system: sleepiness, dizziness, general weakness, and coordination disorder. The drug may cause delirium, hallucinations, and damage of the central nervous system in combination with alcohol.
Also, the patient may experience the following reactions in the first days of the drug use: dry mouth, unpleasant taste, lowering of the arterial pressure, and also difficult urination.